This post is meant as a index of posts dealing with the installation of a shared-storage MySQL cluster running within VirtualBox. I’m learning this stuff too so don’t assume this is the reference implementation. Feel free to point out any issues, or provide recommendations, and I’ll update the post and give you credit.
The software used for this setup includes;
- OpenSUSE 13.1 as the host OS.
- CentOS 6.5 as the MySQL Cluster Node OS.
- VirtualBox to run the FreeNAS & CentOS components of the cluster.
- FreeNAS 9.1.1 to provide the shared-storage.
- MySQL 5.6.16.
Links will be provided to the posts as they are published and may change as this project progresses.
- Installing VirtualBox & FreeNAS.
- Planning the cluster configuration.
- Configuring FreeNAS.
- Creating & Installing the CentOS cluster nodes.
- Linux Cluster Node Configuration.
- Adding an ISCSI volume to the nodes.
- Installing & Configuring the cluster.
- Installing & Configuring MySQL.
- Testing the cluster.
- Ideas for further development.